WildCraft’s ACCESS program has a simple design, clear intention and big picture vision:
- Our immediate goal is to make our workshops more accessible to BIPOC students of art, craft and design as well as BIPOC K-12 public school teachers
- Each season, we’ll be offering 25 free seats in WildCraft studio workshops (Craft, Textiles, Native Art & Studio Art), for a total of 50 free seats each year.
- We believe that having access to a rich range of educational opportunities will encourage and support BIPOC students to become leaders and teachers in the fields of art, design and craft in the future.
If increasing BIPOC representation in the fields of Art, Design & Craft is important to you, please consider supporting this program. We'd love to be able to offer additional scholarships and every donation helps us expand our reach. 100% of your donation will go directly toward our scholarship program.
This program is open to the following BIPOC individuals:
- Highschool seniors (16 & older) planning on pursuing an advanced degree in art, design, craft or teaching
- Undergraduate or graduate students pursuing art, design, craft or teaching degrees
- K-12 public school teachers who lead classes in art, craft or design
Application is simple!
For current BIPOC students: email email@example.com and let us know what school you are currently attending and what your major or intended major is. Please include the names and dates of 3 WildCraft studio classes you’d like to take, ranked by 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice.
For current BIPOC K-12 public school teachers: email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what school you are teaching with and what subjects you teach. Please include the names and dates of 3 WildCraft studio classes you’d like to take, ranked by 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice.
WildCraft will donate 25 seats in workshops to BIPOC individuals each season (Spring & Fall) for a total of 50 seats donated annually, approximately $8000 value.
Our goal is to increase the number of free seats offered with the outside support of WildCraft friends and followers.
The program is first come, first serve, with a limit of 1 free class per eligible person per year.
Each 12-person studio workshop will offer a max of 2 donated seats.
Each 10-person studio workshop will offer a max of 1 donated seat.
Only Textile, Craft, Native Art & Studio Art classes are eligible for this program.
If you have a reason why attending a Nature workshop rather than a Studio workshop would support the development of your art/design/craft or teaching practice, please email us directly.